Engage Mental Health
Engage Mental Health takes all the learning benefits and interactive features of ATI’s leading Engage Series and puts them to work for Mental Health content. Beyond the variety of interwoven activities, multimedia, unfolding case studies, embedded virtual applications with branching logic, quizzes, podcasts, annotation capabilities, many ready-to-use educator resources, and more, Engage Mental Health also:
Develops understanding of and promotes development of therapeutic communication skills.
Helps students identify and recognize underlying biases and fears.
Prepares students for clinicals and professional practice by exposing them to realistic mental health clients and scenarios with embedded virtual application simulations as well as real-life examples shared throughout interwoven nurse-educator-led podcasts.
Content designed to replace a textbook means our extensive team of expert nurse educators and other teams of reviewers have ensured all the right evidence-based, need-to-know information for today’s nurse generalist is included. Engage Mental Health content is even aligned to the latest DSM 5 standards. We’re focused on delivering the most up-to-date industry standards with ongoing annual reviews to ensure the latest evidence-based practices are used – a challenge for the nature of traditional printed textbooks. Plus, easily see where content addresses AACN’s latest Essentials with student call-outs as they learn. Explore the full list of ready-to-use educator resources and reporting capabilities at atitesting.com.
Unit 1: Foundations of Mental Health Nursing
- Foundational Concepts of Mental Health Nursing
- Client and Mental Health Team Member Safety: Legal & Ethical Consideration
- Evidence-Based Practice in Mental Health Nursing
- Mental Health Theories & Therapies
- Continuum of Treatment
Unit 2: Building Nurse-Client Relationships
- Building Therapeutic Relationships
- Nursing Process
Unit 3: Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Concerns
- Physiological and Psychological Responses to Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Abuse, Aggression, and Violence
Unit 4: Nursing Practice for Clients with Mental Health Disorders
- Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders
- Trauma, Crisis, Disaster, and Related Disorders
- Somatic System Trauma and Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Mood Disorders and Suicide
- Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders and Psychosis
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Disruptive Behavioral Disorders
- Substance-Related and Addiction Disorders
- Eating Disorders
For more information about ATI Engage Series products, contact your Client Executive or complete the form below.