Students learn how to communicate professionally with clients, clients’ significant others, and members of the healthcare team, with the ultimate goal of client safety. This active learning tutorial teaches various techniques based on real-life scenarios so students can develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes that lead to safe client care.
Professional Communication promotes student competency in:
Teamwork and collaboration
- Client Education
- Factors that Affect Communication with Individuals and Groups
- Organizational Communication
- Therapeutic Communication
- Types of Communication
Knowledge for them, know-how for you.
- Media-rich tutorials
- Case studies and quizzes
- Module tests and rationale
- Nationally normed assessments with NCLEX-style questions (practice & proctored)
After completing all modules, students will know how to:
- Establish therapeutic relationships
- Appreciate the various factors that impact effective communication
- Communicate using therapeutic verbal and nonverbal communication techniques
- Use appropriate communication techniques with clients who have a barrier to effective communication
- Communicate and establish relationships with various members of the interprofessional team
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals in a working group
- Provide client education that is appropriate in relation to age, culture, learning style, readiness to learn, etc.
- Engage in conflict negotiation using conflict-resolution skills
- Leverage organizational communication and conflict negotiation to enhance leadership skills
- Educator Implementation Guide
- Video case studies
- Lesson plans
- Student worksheets
- Video library
Ask your ATI Integration Nurse Educator how this solution aligns with your QSEN-based student learning outcomes or course objectives.