YOUR BEST RESOURCE TO PREPARE FOR NEXT GENERATION NCLEX
Vital information you need from experts you trust about the Next Generation NCLEX
The National Council of the State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) will launch a new version of the NCLEX — called the Next Generation NCLEX — in 2023 or soon after. Its purpose? To better measure candidates’ clinical judgment ability, a proven necessity for entry-level nurses.
The new test will require more complex item types, which will change scoring methods. But you needn’t panic about preparing for these changes. Resources are already available to help you in the new ATI Next Gen NCLEX Resource Center.
- Get expert guidance on the Next Generation NCLEX (NGN):
- Learn from the latest information and resources available
- Stay up to date with how new information on the NGN affects you via video updates from ATI Chief Nursing Officer Sheryl Sommer, PhD, RN, CNE
- Read up on foundational information to understand how NCSBN came to the decision to create a new test.
- Learn about clinical judgment, the backbone of the NGN:
- A guide to assist you in developing and implementing learning materials
- How simulation can help build clinical judgment skills
- How NCSBN defines clinical judgment.
- Get up-to-date information from NCSBN:
- Discover what the Clinical Judgment Measurement Model is
- Read about new item types
- Introduce yourself to NCSBN's first discussions and explanations about NGN.
- Find products and tools to incorporate into your lessons and prepare students for the NGN.
- Talk to someone at ATI to answer your questions.
WHAT ARE YOUR CONCERNS ABOUT NGN? SHARE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.