The development of clinical judgment in nursing students has never been more important. Their understanding will be put to the test with the launch of the Next Generation NCLEX in April 2023. This workshop will help to equip you and your colleagues with learner-centered strategies designed to foster clinical judgment skills. Additional topics covered during our time, include:
- Defining critical thinking, critical reasoning, and clinical judgment.
- Understanding theoretical models that explain the application of clinical judgment, including the importance of the nursing process.
- Discussing the role of clinical judgment in the provision of safe, quality client care.
- Review of the NCSBN’s activities related to the Next Generation NCLEX
- Identifying ways clinical judgment can be integrated into the nursing curriculum.
Item Writing, Analysis, & Test Blueprinting
Understanding the NCLEX and item/test development is an essential part of your role as a nurse educator. ATI provides several offerings related to item writing, item analysis, and test blueprinting. We can work with your program to understand your specific needs related to the following topics.
- Discuss the development and purpose of the NCLEX test plans
- Develop skill in relation to writing NCLEX-style items
- Next Generation NCLEX® item writing
- Practice revising items
- Feedback on items from peers and item writing consultants
- Develop a peer review process for ongoing item review
- Compare and contrast the difference between item discrimination and difficulty.
- Describe desired values for item difficulty and item discrimination.
- Discuss how one improves and loses item discrimination.
- Analyze the relationship between positive and negative point biserials for the key
- Analyze the relationship between positive and negative point biserials for distractors
- Discuss the importance of test blueprinting
- Discuss the process for developing test blueprints at the course and program levels
- Develop a blueprint for the program or a course in the curriculum
Florida Atlantic University College of Nursing (FAU) overhauled its program evaluation plan and installed new curriculum development tools. ATI Consulting Services helped them create clear strategies and simplify evaluation procedures for better program results.Read More