Pharmacology for Nursing
Pharmacology is the subject most nursing students dread. Dosage calculation and pharmacology are among the most challenging topics to master in nursing school. For a student, they require practice, time and remediation. We have done our best to simplify pharmacology by creating a thorough, easy-to-use and understand study plan using a comprehensive study guide and in-depth online tutorials to test knowledge and guide remediation for pharmacology and dosage calculations.
Over 390 pages of content to help you master Pharmacology for Nursing
- Over 190 pages of content to help you master Adult Medical Surgical concepts
- Quizzes with detailed rationales after each chapter
- Sections include: Pharmacological Principals; Medications Affecting the Nervous System; Medications Affecting the Respiratory System; Medications Affecting the Cardiovascular System; Medications Affecting the Hematologic System; Medications Affecting the Gastrointestinal System and Nutrition; Medications Affecting the Reproductive System; Medications for Joint and Bone Conditions; Medications for Pain and Inflammation; Medications Affecting the Endocrine System; Medications Affecting the Immune System; and Medications for Infection
- Active Learning Scenarios are given at the end of each chapter. A nursing scenario is given and you apply the knowledge from that chapter in that scenario
- NCLEX® Connections at the beginning of each unit – pointing out areas of the detailed test plan that relate to the content in that unit
- QSEN Competencies. Icons are positioned throughout the module to point out QSEN competencies
Active Stack Pharmacology Flash Cards
Active Stack Pharmacology Flash Cards cover content including:
- Generic and brand/trade name
- Therapeutic use
- Side-adverse effects
- Patient instructions
- Administration considerations
Pharmacology Made Easy
This is an interactive, media-rich tutorial designed to teach one of the most difficult subjects in nursing school.
- 12 educational modules
- Drugs presented according to drug category
- Video case studies of medications used in clinical settings
- Pairs with Dosage Calculation & Safe Medication Administration Tutorial
Dosage Calculation & Safe Medication Administration
- 11 Modules, 30 hours, over 600 Q & A
- Three different calculation methods covered: Ratio and Proportion, Dimensional Analysis, Desired over Have
- Step-by-step animations that demonstrate the dosage calculation process
- Embedded videos and real-life scenarios
- Compliment to Pharmacology Made Easy Tutorial
Master your clinical math skills with this easy-to-use online study program that includes tutorials, case studies and interactive drills allowing you to learn pharmaceutical math skills at your own pace.
Products can be purchased individually or as a part of the recommended package.