ATI Product Solutions > Pre-Program > ATI TEAS for nursing and allied health
Prepared Students = Great Outcomes
TEAS® & DiscoverTM
ATI offers comprehensive assessments designed specifically to measure academic preparedness of nursing and allied health program candidates.
Why use ATI assessment resources for your Nursing or Allied Health program?
ATI Nursing Education is part of the Ascend Learning family of companies, which includes healthcare education industry pioneers Jones & Bartlett Learning and the National Healthcareer Association.
We understand nursing and allied health programs are operating in environments of increasing accreditation and regulatory pressure to improve program completion, pass rates and placement success. ATI offers resources that can help you assess candidates’ potential for success prior to the program start, identify areas where they may need review and remediation, and address those areas to better assure program success.
For more information on the TEAS allied health products email us today.
For Nursing Programs
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) from ATI is proven to be a statistically significant predictor of early nursing program success.* With it, you’ll recognize which students need extra attention and which ones are not a good fit for your program.
*Defined by meeting proficiency level 2 or higher on the ATI Fundamentals Assessment
- 87% of RN students who scored at the advanced or exemplary level on TEAS were successful in Fundamentals, compared to 76% who scored at the developmental level and were successful.
- Similarly, 94% of PN students who scored at the advanced or exemplary level on TEAS were successful in Fundamentals, while 91% who scored at the developmental level struggled.
For Allied Health Programs
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) for Allied Health has been normed for Allied Health programs. ATI also offers the abbreviated Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test (Discover).
Recent case study findings illustrate a consistent link between students’ performance on the TEAS for Allied Health and academic success. Specifically, for each additional point earned on the TEAS for Allied Health, the odds of a candidate completing his or her academic program is increased by 7.7%.
About the Assessments
The TEAS and Discover are multiple-choice assessments measuring basic academic preparedness in reading, math, science, English and language usage. The objectives assessed in our tests are those that nursing and allied health educators deem most relevant for measuring entry level skills and abilities of program applicants. The test not only predicts the performance of incoming candidates, it also helps educators gain advance knowledge of the strengths and areas needing development of those that are accepted into the program.
ATI Nursing Education Entrance Assessment Advantages
- Standardized assessments specifically designed for nursing and allied health programs
- Normed for nursing programs and allied health programs separately
- Ensures consistent, objective measures for applicants
- In-depth group and individual reporting provides insight into candidate readiness and remediation needs
- Gives a preview of candidates’ strengths and weaknesses
- Provides focused review resources, enabling immediate access to customized remediation
- Provides straightforward, flexible testing in electronic or paper formats